It was my birthday and....

Saturday, July 31

I turned 28 last month and had a fantastic birthday night with my friends. I felt so lucky to have such wonderful friends to celebrate with. I moved out to Los Angeles 5 years ago only knowing my ex-boyfriend and a few friends from college. Now it's 5 years later and I have made so many great friends that I hope will be friends for many years to come. A few of my closest friends from college and high school have even moved out here. The picture above is from dinner at Mao's Kitchen. My fortune from the night said "you will be successful through innovation and determination". I kept the fortune and put it on my fridge.

In those 5 years I have also started my own line of jewelry, which most of you who read my blog probably already know. The picture above is from the Beckman's West show in Los Angeles. It was a wholesale only show and I am so excited to say that it was my best show yet. I doubled the stores I will be in. Most of the orders will be going out within the next 6 weeks. So far I have shipped out to Hobie Surf Shops to get my jewelry into the Corona Del Mar store that just opened up. It will be available in 4 of their 5 shops very soon. Here is an article on the new store opening up. Getting this account was really exciting for me since I started out in LA working at 9star another board shop in West LA and Mission Viejo. I even bought the Hobie brand of swimsuits for the ladies section. As I start shipping out the rest of the stores I will try my best to update my blog and site with the new places you can find my jewelry.

Overall I am really excited about what's in store for the next year of my life and the adventures I will be going on. I'm finally going on a family vacation next month to South Carolina, so I get to catch up with my family and meet my two nephews who were living in Japan up until recently.

I hope this post wasn't too personal, but I know sometimes I really enjoy reading personal stories on some of the blogs I read.
Any exciting plans in the works for you? I would love to hear about it in the comments section.

In the meantime if you want to please become a fan of my jewelry on Facebook. I started the page about a month ago and am trying to keep it updated a little more than my blog.

Have a wonderful weekend I know I will!
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |