Summer Reading

Sunday, July 5



I am a sucker for book stores and all the wonderful things they hold. I bought this stack of books recently along with a few others. The Tao of Pooh is still on it's way, I feel like rereading it, and I gave away my copy back in college and I lent On Beauty by Zadie Smith to friend. I've also got Breaking Dawn and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on their way.

For summer reading I really like books that excite my imagination and take me away from whatever worries and stress going on in my life. I totally got hooked by the Twilight Saga, I thought it would take me a while to get through them, but I raced through the first three. I had a tough time sleeping this past week, so they provided the entertainment.

I know Twilight and Harry Potter are meant for people a lot younger than me, but I love them nonetheless.

I got the Pendants and Lockets book for a little inspiration. I love the 500 series books that Lark puts out, I just flip through the pages over and over again when I need a little help designing.

A friend recommended Eat Pray Love and I found a used copy while wandering around Silverlake last weekend, so I sped through that book too. This book with the Tao of Pooh will give me a little jolt of spirituality to think about.

What are you reading this summer? Do you use the site Goodreads.com? It's a great way to keep track of what you've read and what you want to read.

I got to read in a back yard this weekend, I was taking care of a friend's dogs and they have the best backyard, so I had to take advantage of the nice weather and the yard.

I am putting down my books for the rest of the week, although I am already

caught up in The Time Traveler's Wife, because Renegade is next weekend and the California Gift Show is the next week, and of course I still have lots of work to do.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |