Making the new Darya Collection

Friday, August 5


The new Darya collection is all about getting back to what inspires and grounds me in my craft. For my senior show more than 10 year ago I built a table that held water and sand and displayed my designs that were inspired by the ocean. On a road trip last summer up to Morro Bay I wandered in to a shell shop and immediately knew that I needed to revisit the casting from life thread that got me so excited about doing my own casting back in college. 

I had been flipping through Ernst Haeckel's Art Forms in Nature book over and over and just knew I wanted to create my own ocean inspired line again. 

I'm planning to revive a few of my old designs to compliment the new pieces and I'll be adding rings and bracelets in over the next few months. 

The ocean has always been a source of inspiration for me and by casting these pieces in silver I hope that when you wear them them will give you the sense of calm and happiness that the sun, sand and ocean bring to me. 

These pictures show a little of the process that went in to creating the new designs. I would love to know what you think of the new work. 

And if you like seeing the behind the scenes pictures, click over and follow me on Instagram


"The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul." -Wyland


Be bold. Live Beautifully.
-Amanda

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |