This year's Christmas craft project was inspired by Pinterest of course.

Sunday, January 3


I saved this picture above from A Beautiful Mess to Pinterest a few months ago and even bought the supplies at Michael's early. But time flew by over the holidays, so I'm just now getting around to posting about it. I had a lot of fun experimenting with different oven bake clay colors and paint pens. I tried my regular paints but for some reason they wouldn't stick to the clay surface. The pretty green paint pen also exploded after the first ornament I used it on so only one set got a little green. I ended up making them in sets of three and I think they turned out pretty well.

 I started out with just a few clay colors and paint pens, but as I got the hang of the project I added more colors.



The gold clay was my least favorite so it didn't make it into the finished sets I gave out. I think this could be a really fun project to do with family and friends, and the supplies are all really easy to find at any craft store. 

I really like taking the time at least once a year to play around with a new craft project and since I love making gifts for my family and friends, I always use Christmas as an excuse to try something new out.

Did you work on any fun craft projects recently? If you did I would love to see the results. 

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |